Corsodyl Mint Mouthwash
Corsodyl mouthwashes contains chlorhexidine digluconate. This is an active ingredient which has a dual action.
- It attacks and helps destroy the plaque bacteria which cause gum irritation.
- It creates a protective layer over your teeth and gums for up to 12 hours helping prevent the build-up of plaque.
Use twice a day. Fill the cap to 10ml line. Rinse mouth thoroughly for 1 minute then spit out.
As some toothpastes can stop Corsodyl treatment mouthwashes from working, rinse your mouth thoroughly with water and wait 5 minutes after brushing your teeth before using Corsodyl. You can also use the mouthwashes at a different time of day.
To minimise the risk of staining, avoid food and drinks which contain tannins, such as tea or coffee, especially for the first hour after use.
How long you use the mouthwash for depends on which condition you have.
- Gum disease: Use for up to 30 days, depending on the severity of your condition. If you are unsure, please consult your dentist or pharmacist.
- Mouth ulcers and oral thrush: Continue to use for 2 days after healing has occurred.
- Denture sore mouth: As well as using it to rinse your mouth, you should also clean and soak your dentures in our mouthwash for 15 minutes twice daily.
- After dental surgery or treatment: Rinse as directed by your dentist.
If your symptoms persist, please see your dentist.