Vicks® VapoRub™ topical ointment is appropriate for ages two and up. It starts working quickly to relieve cough symptoms, and is not likely to cause drowsiness or jittery side effects, when used as directed.
• On the chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
• On muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muscles and joints
See important warnings under "When using this product."
Adults and children 2 years and over:
• For cough suppression
• Rub a thick layer on throat and chest
• Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
• Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
• Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
For muscle / joint minor aches and pains:
• Apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 2 years: do not use
Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant)
Menthol 2.6% (cough suppressant and topical analgesic)